Whether you are a fresh graduate or looking for a career change, pursuing a career in search engine optimization (SEO) is always a good decision to make. Not only that it presents a long-term job opportunity, but it also offers many avenues to learn new things, enhance your skills and knowledge, and grow as a professional in the digital marketing world.
What’s more, it also provides you with a highly flexible working schedule. Unlike the typical job, you do not have to work at a physical office. As long as you have a laptop and a stable internet connection, you can take on any online SEO jobs from home, given that you have the necessary requirements to execute the associated tasks.
Where to Look for Home-Based SEO Jobs
There are various ways to find SEO home based jobs today. The most popular option would be using freelancing platforms, such asUpwork, where you can connect with businesses posting job openings.
Another good way to find legit remote working opportunities is using business and employment-oriented online services, such asLinkedIn. Here, you will become part of a global professional network where you can establish connections with other people who are working for similar interests as you. You can post your CV and showcase your expertise by sharing some of your work to attract employers.
Of course, you can also search directly on Google. The results will surely include companies that are directly hiring new team members. For example, you could stumble uponArdor’s updated online SEO jobs from home and be part of a growing organization with members working in remote positions in top cities around the world.
However, it is also important to remember that there are almost as many scams as there are genuine home-based work opportunities on the Internet today. But do not let this dismay you from pursuing a rewarding career. All you need to do is take utmost care when searching and assessing the job offers you are interested in. Take the time to do your research and try to contact other people who work for the same company. This way, you are using your best judgment to land a legitimate remote job.
The Best Online SEO Jobs to Apply For
Based on your qualifications, there are a plethora of online SEO jobs from home that you can choose from. Here are some of the most popular positions on offer today.
SEO Content Writer
A lot of people started their career in SEO with this position. Generally speaking, the core responsibilities of an SEO content writer are:
- Writing new SEO-friendly copies for clients’ web pages
- Writing blog posts, press releases, and other types of web content
- Implementing the elements of the clients’ digital marketing strategies into the copies
- Optimizing current copies on the clients’ websites
- Researching trending topics to use in content marketing
- Creating infographics, slide shares, and video transcriptions
Link Building Specialist
This is also one of the typical SEO jobs for beginners that allow you to learn and gain knowledge that you can use to go up the ladder in the world of SEO. Its core responsibilities typically include:
- Creating strategies for external website optimization
- Searching for donor and partner websites for link exchange
- Placing links in the content
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting the performance of links
- Working with the content team to streamline technical specifications used in content creation and backlinking
- Registering accounts for reference exchanges, independent reviews, etc.
The SEO specialist’s job is to analyze and review websites and, then, come up with strategies to give them a high ranking on the search engine results pages (SERPs). Their responsibilities usually include:
- Identifying keywords that drive the most valuable traffic to a website
- Running pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns
- Analyzing competitors to determine the SEO strategies that are working for them
- Developing link-building strategies
- Creating strategies for more effective content marketing campaigns
- Keeping updated with search engine algorithms to ensure strategies are always compliant
- Preparing detailed SEO strategy reports
SEO Project Manager
This person directly works with particular clients to manage projects designed to improve their websites and their rankings. They are mostly responsible for the following tasks:
- Creating frameworks for digital marketing campaigns
- Assigning and scheduling project tasks to other members of the team
- Preparing project schedules
- Monitoring the progress of the projects
- Assessing the success of the implemented strategies
- Completing and implementing SEO deliverables
- Communicating with clients to take notes and share reports
Digital Marketing Manager
As the name suggests, this person is in charge of planning and managing digital marketing campaigns. Their main responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all aspects of digital marketing, including advertising, databases, social media, and emails
- Estimating budgets for marketing campaigns
- Coordinating with the marketing team to develop and improve growth strategies
- Evaluating important metrics that affect website traffic
- Identifying technologies and trends affecting SEO
- Preparing accurate reports on the overall performance of marketing campaigns
This would be the most fulfilling among the search engine optimization jobs work from home opportunities that you can have. Basically, you will be the head of an entire SEO team overseeing all other departments, including the content development team, link building team, and web development team. Your responsibilities as an SEO manager would be:
- Developing SEO strategies to be implemented for websites
- Organizing and planning SEO campaigns
- Coordinating activities throughout all departments
- Performing market analysis
- Overseeing digital marketing projects
- Reviewing technical issues and recommending solutions
- Keeping abreast with digital marketing trends
- Creating reports
Aside from these, there are also other positions that would suit your skillset, such as SEO analyst, outreach executive, business marketing consultant, website developer, web analytics manager, and so on.
Best Practices When Applying for Online SEO Jobs
Once you have a shortlist of the most ideal online SEO jobs from home to pursue, it is time to start your application process. Here are the steps that you should take.
- Conduct a skill re-assessment.
Make a detailed list of your skills, job experience, and educational background to see which positions will best fit your qualifications. When looking for opportunities, do not just look at your previous occupation, but rather your entire skillset.
- Polish your CV.
Update your resume or create a new one based on the target position you have in mind. Also, a lot of employers scan CVs usingapplicant tracking systems (ATS), so you might want to use keywords that were used in the job listing you found.
Depending on the type of job you are interested in, you may also need to add in some work samples that the employers can check.
- Prepare for a virtual interview.
Remember that virtual interviews carry as much weight as personal interviews, so you still need to do proper preparations. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Practice before the day of the interview.
- Pick the right spot at home that is free from any distraction.
- Ensure you have a good Internet connection to avoid any interruption.
- Use a high-performance webcam and mic to ensure quality audio and video feeds.
Of course, you should also dress the part to look professional and leave the best impression on the interviewer.
- Send out follow-up messages.
The application process does not end with the interview. It would also be polite to send a “thank you” note within a day after the interview. And, if you do not receive feedback after a few days, do not hesitate to send a follow-up message. This will let the employer know that you are serious about taking the job offer.
SEO is a career path where you will achieve success in working remotely. And, the benefits it offers are many. Not only that it allows you to work at your own pace to strike a good work-life balance, but it also takes out the stress of getting to and from work every day.
However, it is important to remember that not all SEO jobs will fit your qualifications. But of course, you can start from the low-level positions and learn your way up the ladder.
For more tips and information that you can use to boost your chances in job hunting, browse our site!