DU JAT, or Delhi University Joint Admission Test, is conducted by Delhi University to assess applicants for admission to various undergraduate courses available at their university. Candidates get a chance to take DU JAT after they have passed the 12th board exam. They need to start by filling out an online form available on the official website of DU. Students should meet the eligibility criteria required for taking this test.
What is DU JAT?
DU JAT is a nationwide entrance exam conducted by the University of Delhi every year for admission to its undergraduate courses such as BA, BSc, BCom, BMS, etc. The examination takes place each year in select cities in India. The test has two reservation categories – general category and SC/ST/OBC categories. The selection of candidates is made by compiling the marks obtained by the candidates in DU JAT and Board Examinations.
Who can apply for DU JAT?
If you are an Indian citizen and have passed/appearing class 12 from a recognized board in India or an international examination such as IGCSE or IB Diploma Programme, you can register for the test. The registration begins in February and closes in March. DU JAT conducts the exam every year.
BYJU’S Exam Prep is the best exam preparation source for the DU JAT exam. It provides you a good number of test series, study materials, pdfs, notes and more!
Age Limit for DU JAT Exam
There is no Age Limit to apply for DU JAT 2022. Candidates must have attained 18 years of age to be eligible for the DU JAT exam.
Minimum Percentage To Appear for DU JAT
A candidate has to obtain at least 60% in the class 12th examination. On the other hand, SC, ST, CW, and PwD categories should have scored at least 55% in the class 12th examination.
How many attempts are allowed for the DU JAT Exam?
Students are eligible to appear in the admission test every year, and they can take the test multiple times. If a student fails any year, he or she can try again next year. There is no limit.
DU JAT Exam Pattern
The pattern of DU JAT has not changed since 2010. It is the same as it was in 2010, with no changes and no additional sections.
Test duration: 1 hour.
- Computer and internet facilities will be provided for the candidates to use while writing the examination.
- The questions will be of multiple-choice types with only one correct answer for each question.
- There are no negative marks for wrong answers.
- The exam will be conducted at multiple centres at various locations in Delhi and all over India.
- Each centre of DU JAT will be conducting a test for a specific subject. So, the candidate must indicate, at the time of filling the application form, their preferred subject and choose the centre where he/she wishes to appear for examination based on that subject preference.
To prepare for the exam better, you can take the help of BYJU’S Exam Prep, which provides great tools and study materials to prepare for the DU JAT Exam.